[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #20349] Backup Implementation for OSGeo VMs

tech@wildintellect.com via RT support at osuosl.org
Wed Mar 20 10:53:42 PDT 2013

I think I've got multiple tickets related to this topic open now.

Yes, we do still need to solve our backup needs. The current idea from
OSGeo is a 1U server with 4x2TB or 4x3TB drives for $1500-$2500. That
gives us 4-6 TB RAID 6 usable and should last us 3-5 years.

If you guys can match that pricing and level of service we could use
your service. Otherwise we'd love a quote on hardware we can pay for to
get something in soon.