[SAC] Fwd: Munin Notification backup.osgeo.org Disk usage in percent

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 20 16:15:27 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> I do think some people do need to sit down an audit what is backed up
> especially on Projects and Adhoc where we might be backing up things like
> Tile Caches on accident. I noticed a few users home directories being in the
> 7 G+ range and wonder if we really need to backup all the data in those
> folders.

Likely not (e.g., I can easily identify some stuff in my home to be excluded).

Note that Bacula supports a simple mechanism to exclude directories, for example
by defining:

Exclude Dir Containing = .excludeme

Then simply do this as a user:

  cd /path/to/exclude
  touch .excludeme

See also
http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_3_0_0.html#SECTION008170000000000000000

The one (soon) day implemented exclude string should be documented here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Backups#Bacula

thanks,
Markus