[SAC] Timeline for updating the OSGeo VMs?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Nov 17 13:10:46 PST 2013

> Which would enable some more space for possibly building replacement VMs
> > in cases where direct upgrades are too complicated.
>
> Yes. Still the Deb5 should be brought soon to Deb6 (IMHO).

Markus,

IMHO, we should wait till the backup server work is done, and leapfrog
these to Deb7 (assuming that is the new version you are mentioning).

Are you suggesting the upgrade on general principles or more a concern
about falling behind with security fixes?  I'm not sure that we actively
engage in updating for the latest security fixes.  That is something we
could likely initiate now without a whole OS upgrade.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com