[SAC] Fwd: Munin Notification mail.osgeo.org Disk usage in percent

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Oct 5 13:25:33 PDT 2013

Hi SAC,

I spent a while yesterday to clean up the mail server disk (again).

Now out of space once more.
http://webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org/munin/osgeo.org/mail.osgeo.org-df.html

One problem is that there are zillion of replicated attachments in
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/osgeojapan-board/attachments/

which continue to accumulate. While I had limited the attachment size to 200k:

config_list --outputfile - osgeojapan-board |grep size
max_message_size = 200000
admin_member_chunksize = 30
digest_size_threshhold = 30

... the attachments are in the multi MB size.

Gosh, I just realize that the value might be given in kb, not byte.
ok, I'll change that right away.
Done.

config_list --outputfile - osgeojapan-board |grep size
max_message_size = 350
admin_member_chunksize = 30
digest_size_threshhold = 30

I have done some de-duplication in the attachments folder, now we have
3.2 GB free.
So let's see what happens next.

Markus