[SAC] Fwd: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo upcoming events list needs love

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Wed Oct 30 10:31:45 PDT 2013

Daniel,
this is only a quick fix and should be replaced by something more
sustainable. If you really want to maintain these events they would have
to be entered in all languages we support (thanks to the dead old Drupal
version we have there seems to be no quick fix).

Plus News is already a bottleneck...

The longer I see the trouble we have with the web site the more I think
the Wiki is the better place for this type of stuff.

Cheers,
Arnulf

PS: Changed from Discuss to Your Eyes Only + SAC. Maybe somebody gets
enthusiastic and takes on the job, I don't want to quench any thirst for
volunteer work...

There are also tickets associated with this:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/202

Opened 6 years ago. Gulp!

Maybe we really should put some effort into reviving WebCom and giving
it broader remit. The current OSGeo web site is anti-marketing. I mean
we are supposed to be tech gods, right?