[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #23649] [OSGeo] Failed disk in osgeo4.osuosl.bak

tech@wildintellect.com via RT support at osuosl.org
Thu Apr 3 00:04:00 PDT 2014

On 04/02/2014 08:41 AM, Lance Albertson via RT wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Justin Dugger via RT <support at osuosl.org>wrote:
>
>> Just received it, and replaced the drive, and it's currently rebuilding.
>> Should be done shortly.
>>

> Looks like its taking its time completing the rebuild. Its currently at
> 45%:
>
> Rebuild Progress on Device at Enclosure 32, Slot 3 Completed 45% in 970
> Minutes.

Something seems amiss. The ProjectsVM stopped responding, high disk
latency and iowait ( 10-11pm PST)
http://webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org/munin/osgeo.org/projects.osgeo.org/index.html

We couldn't ssh so I tried to restart via Ganeti Web interface. No luck.
Can't even tell if it came back up.

Other VMs on osgeo4 seem ok but also have sizeable iowait.