[SAC] [Board] Several old FOSS4G sites no longer online?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 24 12:09:00 PDT 2014

Peter,

I believe Martin disabled them because he was concerned they were potential
security problems (due to use of PHP or something), and no one has taken
the time to investigate and secure them.  I also find them to be useful
resources, and digging a presentation of mine off an old conference site
saved my bacon in Notthingham!

If it is possible to turn the site(s) into easily served static HTML that
would make it easier to host them.  We could also potentially decide to
risk whatever the issue was but I'm not sure how to get to that decision.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com