[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #20349] [OSGeo] New Backup/ganeti server

Martin Spott via RT support at osuosl.org
Wed Jan 1 17:26:39 PST 2014

Hi Sean,

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 12:53:13PM -0800, Sean Rettig via RT wrote:

> You can use the following network information for the server:
>
> Protocol: static
> IP: 140.211.15.41

Things worked pretty well so far. I stopped the "backup" VM which is
currently running on this IP and set up the OS on the bare hardware.

Surprisingly somehow the VM was started again shortly after the basic
OS installation on the new hardware was finished.  Thus, in order to
avoid IP conflicts I shut the interface on the new machine down and I'd
appreciate getting a temporary, unused IP for the new machine in order
to copy the most relevant stuff over from the VM.