[SAC] [OSGeo-Discuss] FDO Downloads site

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jan 23 12:49:05 PST 2014

Can someone please take on this FDO downloads issue?  Or put up a notice
there that it is a known issue?  I think 3 messages came in today alone
to info at osgeo regarding this (example pasted below).  Thanks.

-jeff

*****

Just an FYI,  none of the downloads pages work on the Osgeo FDO website?
 For example,

http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/downloads

http://fdo.osgeo.org/OSProviderOverviews.html

Thanks!
Anthony Kroon

*****

On 1/12/2014, 8:00 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi SAC,
>
> here a FDO server issue (pointing to the wrong site?)
>
> Markus
>

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Neil Penman <neilpenman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To, partially, answer my own question:
>>
>> https://fdo.osgeo.org/content/downloads does work.  So if you go to the
>> osgeo site using http://fdo.osgeo.org/ then the link to the downloads page
>> and many others will fail.  However if you connect using https then the
>> links will work.
>>
>> If you then click on the link to the 3.8 downloads page it won't be found
>> whether you have connected via https or http.  You have to manually enter
>> the https protocol for that link to get the page to appear.
>>
>> Is this just me or is there a problem with the site?
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Neil
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Neil Penman <neilpenman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm having trouble accessing the downloads page for FDO,
>>> http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/downloads, has this moved?
>>>
>>> regards
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Smap Consulting | Mobile Data Collection Solutions
>>> Application Developer - neilpenman at gmail.com
>>> Twitter: @dgmsot
>>> Skype: ianaf4you
>>> Phone: +61 402 975 959
>>> Blog: http://blog.smap.com.au
>>

>> --
>>
>> Smap Consulting | Mobile Data Collection Solutions
>> Application Developer - neilpenman at gmail.com
>> Twitter: @dgmsot
>> Skype: ianaf4you
>> Phone: +61 402 975 959