[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #23649] Failed disk in osgeo4.osuosl.bak

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 3 15:33:35 PST 2014

On 03/03/2014 03:09 PM, Sean Rettig via RT wrote:
> Hello OSGeo Team,
>
> We noticed that disk 3 has failed in osgeo4.osuosl.bak, and the warranty seems to be expired:
>
> http://www.dell.com/support/my-support/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/H87NZL1?show_warranty_modal=true
>
> If you would like this disk replaced, you will need to send a replacement to the shipping address listed at http://osuosl.org/contact.  Please let us know if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

SAC,

This system is setup RAID 6 so loss of 2 drives is tolerated. Looking
quickly I believe this is the correct replacement option.
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Cheetah-15000RPM-Internal-ST3300657SS/dp/B0035G0J98

$74 usd

At that price we should probably just get it ordered and shipped to OSL
without hesitating. I'm not sure if the machine will need to be brought
down to rebuild the RAID or not once they get the drive.