[SAC] Hosting for http://openstreetmap.org.ar/

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Mar 20 09:08:01 PDT 2014

On 03/20/2014 05:11 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 2014-03-19, 2:24 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
>>>

>> I'm all for finding a way to help but I'm not sure putting stuff on an
>> OSGeo machine is the right answer. If the data is really "for" Argentina
>> and other local countries a closer server location would be helpful,
>> something in South America. I'm wondering if one of the OSGeo-ICA labs
>> might be able to help.
>>
>> http://www.geoforall.org/locations/
>>
>> I am open to discussing further collaboration with the OSM community
>> though. I expect there to be some mutually beneficial arrangement.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
> I am aware of Geo4All, as I am heavily involved in it.  I will of course
> ask; however I was hoping that OSGeo and our infrastructure could help
> out the OSM community in this case.
>
> -jeff

Do we have specs for what the needs are?
Disk space, web traffic load?

Given how much trouble we have keeping Vmap0 tiles from overloading or
resources, I'm not sure we have the capacity to serve high volumes of
tiles on the current hardware.

I'm also a little confused about what the local OSM mirrors do in
relation to the main OSM infrastructure which is well funded?