[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #23488] OSGeo tracsvn2 unavailable

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Mar 26 08:22:13 PDT 2014

Hi Justin,

to me it looks like booting the current OSGeo VM's on the given
infrastructure isn't too reliable as long as we're using a boot loader
inside the VM on Debian 7.  Could you therefore please equip the
"tracsvn2" VM with an external boot loader and kernel in the same way
as the "webextra" has been set up ?

In the long term I think we're looking for a different solution: Either
to get reliable and early (!) console access to the VM's so we can fix
boot loader issues by ourselves and/or extend the first block device to
allow for a bigger embedding area - and thus allow the use of GRUB2.