[SAC] QGIS documentation for 2.2 and QGIS VM update

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue May 20 14:34:54 PDT 2014

Hi SAC,

As off today we branched a new 2.2 branch of the QGIS Documentation.
(currently some languages building as test, see: http://docs.qgis.org/2.2)

The idea is/was we build on the qgis2 (=hetzner) and rsync output to
qgis (qgis.osgeo.osuosl.org), which is working now.

because we build for roughly 15-20 languages (both html and pdf's) this
counts for at least 15x350Mb=6Gb per branch).
Currently we are serving (or at least want to serv) 3 full branches:
1.8, 2.0 and starting now with 2.2.
Website is currently about 5Gb (including git checkouts)

But we are running out of diskspace on the QGIS VM.

One quick solution is to (temporarily) move the hosting for
QGIS-Documentation sites (docs.qgis.org) to the hetzner, untill the
diskspace problem is solved.

But a better solution would be to split off the QGIS docs/website in a
'static content serving VM', serving website and docs (and nightlies?).
Then current VM could keep serving hub.qgis.org (redmine wiki and issues).

Any ideas about this?
Would this be possible?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde