[SAC] Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #24790] AutoReply: CRITICAL: 0:BBU Charged (100%):0:RAID-6:6 drives:557.75GB:Partially Drives:6 1 Bad Drives (6937 Errors)

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Apr 8 08:05:25 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/2015 11:33 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

>>> We have rack space approved. I need to finalize the quote for SAC to
>>> vote on.
>>
>> Sorry to bother: do you have any news?
>>
>> Today (European daytime) a page visit took up to 120 seconds to load.
>> I am considering to move the GRASS Web site elsewhere ...
>>
>> --
>> Markus Neteler
>

> Apologies, lost track of trying to get the order together after
> performance improved with the hard drive replacement. 120 seconds? I've
> never gotten anywhere near that. What time of day? do you have tests
> from multiple locations? I just tested and was getting under 1 second
> clicking on random pages (with my slowish home internet).
>
> So the dilemna on the order, the quotes I have right now are around
> $6000 but we only have $5000 earmarked in the budget from the Board. We
> could shuffle some of the funds allocated in other line items, but I
> don't want to make this decision unilaterally.

I suggest not making compromises on quality for price.  We are going
to have these machines for a long time.  Ask the Board for a
supplemental $1,000+ and they will probably gladly grant it.  There is
a Board meeting 4/9 and you can add it to the agenda here,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-04-09

OSGeo SAC time is far more limited than OSGeo funds.  I appreciate all
the work that SAC does.

Eli