[SAC] Malware alarm: QGIS, ... sites

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Aug 7 23:56:01 PDT 2015

On 07-08-15 16:28, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> On 07-08-15 16:15, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> So, in Google's Webmastertools I can see this alarm as well but they
>> do not indicate the page(s) which cause the mess.
>>
>> Does anyone have a scanner?
>
> Mmm, I googled some online scanners...
>
> This one:
>
> http://quttera.com/detailed_report/www.qgis.org
>
> Reports 3 'malicious files':
>
> Detected reference to malicious blacklisted domain raw.githubusercontent.com
>
> Mmm, can that be the problem?
>
> That google is now listing this as 'suspicious'?
>
> We do link to some images that way:
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/qgis/QGIS/master/images/splash/splash.png
>
> and
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pdxosgeo/foss4g2014-wordpress/master/logo_images/PNGs/logo_horiz_trans_500x231.png

Ok, fully removed qgis website yesterday, and clean rebuild it after
removing references to raw.githusercontent.com...
Asked for a review..

This morning:

www.qgis.org should be ok now (but "As a result, we're removing the
malware warning from your site. This may take some time to happen".

www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook 'still infected' :-( (again NO hints, do
not know where to look for...)

Thanks Google... NOT

Richard