[SAC] osgeo wiki issues

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Jul 31 14:28:03 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Guido Stein <gstein at appgeo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Markus,
>
> I would be happy to do the review of the current events page. I don't think
> I saw a guideline for deciding what is current, should I start by adding
> that somewhere in the Wiki then go ahead and reference those guidelines as I
> update pages?

There is some guidance on use of [[Category:Events]] and
[[Category:Past Events]] here,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Event_Management#After_the_Event

I think that any reasonable cleanup would be appreciated and great
effort to notify and document probably isn't required.  Most of these
appear to be very straight forward routine cleanup.

> I apologize if this seems really asinine, I am very much a #n00b and want to
> make sure I do things to be helpful without making too many mistakes.

I'm happy to answer questions, especially if it facilitates someone
doing work.  Mistakes sometimes happen and hopefully people kindly
correct and help you when mistakes happen.

> -Guido
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>>

>> ... this one is about do-ocracy, i.e. the event owners should take
>> care of maintaining their pages. Unfortunately it rarely happens. So
>> that is a nice task for a volunteer to go through and update the pages
>> (very easy to do, and a welcome contribution!).

I cleaned up a few pages I'm affiliated with.  You can see some of
them here (for a while),
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges.

Thanks for working on this.

Cheers, Eli