[SAC] codehaus shutting down

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:03:10 PST 2015

Just to catch up on this discussion:

* Asked/warned the board that we were in trouble. Board has voiced support
for hosting (if needed) and asking for a proposal for issue migration (via
REST API)
* Andrea has reached out to Aliassian about cloud hosting, it looks like we
can set up an OSGeo organization.
* Made a blog post
<http://geotoolsnews.blogspot.ca/2015/03/codehaus-migration.html> to warn
the community.

With that in mind I would like to contact Aliassian about setting up an
OSGeo organization. I assume the SAC is the correct place to ask ...

I don't mind acting as a volunteer on SAC for this purpose (I can manage a
Jira, but my policy would be a very simple "give project PSC admin
access"). Jira may offer LDAP integration but I would be uncomfortable
hooking that up to OSGeo LDAP in the short term.
--
Jody

--
Jody Garnett