[SAC] Fwd: Legit users vs. spam users

Christian Willmes mail at cwillmes.de
Tue Nov 24 12:05:16 PST 2015

Hi,

On 24.11.2015 20:49, Brian M Hamlin wrote:
> Is this an indication that we should pay for experienced MediaWiki
> consulting here ?

I think, we should disable account creation, and provide an email
address (for example this list), for account creation requests.

OR

We run the removeUnusedAccounts.php lets say every 12 hours per cron
job, to get rid of the fake accounts.

On a side note, a dev on the SMW list said this:

"

I think the upcoming REL1_26 will also come with the new and improved
Google ReCAPTCHA service

"

BUT if there is someone who says he can fix this sustainably, I would
not vote against Mediawiki consulting...

Christian