[SAC] infrastructure requirements from board

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:30:52 PDT 2015

does not work well with mailman used for OSGeo email lists.

I am not going to explain this well (sigh):

> Each time a member is included as both a recipient and via a mailing list
> mailman registers a bounced mail. After a certain percentage of subscribers
> bounce the entire domain is dropped. This is fine for the domain gmail.com
> (where the cast of subscribers is thousands and the threshold is never
> reached) but prevents me using jgarnett at boundlessgeo.com to subscribe to
> this list (where the cast is smaller and we last a month before being
> kicked off).

The workaround (use google groups for mailing lists) is not acceptable as
there is no way to export the contents of a group out of google
infrastructure.

I cannot recommend the use of google mail for osgeo board given these
limitations.
--
Jody

--