[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #24234] OSGeo4 VM revamp Plan

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 16 09:20:09 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-16 12:55 PM, Martin Spott wrote:

> Wait a second, I just found out there is already such user, registered
> by "Markus Weissmann".  Does this name sound familiar to you ?
>
> Cheers,
> 	Martin.

I see that he is a real person and he was on the MapServer-German list
long ago.

But I honestly don't understand how these TravisCI deploy scripts depend
on an LDAP mapserver user?  I am sorry, I did not write these scripts.

You can see that a build that I triggered this morning has failed when
trying to connect to mapserver.org (see very bottom of
https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/85737537/log.txt).

I see that we have a script to disable ssh host checking:
https://github.com/mapserver/docs/blob/branch-7-0/scripts/travis_add_deploy_key.sh

The command that I believe TravisCI is getting stuck, as it tries to
copy to mapserver.org, is: scp $builddir/latex/en/MapServer.pdf
mapserver at mapserver.org:/osgeo/mapserver.org/pdf/

I am trying to understand all this, I mean trying to understand where
the problem is.

-jeff