[SAC] [support.osuosl.org #24234] OSGeo4 VM revamp Plan

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 16 09:42:53 PDT 2015

On 10/16/2015 09:28 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 2015-10-16 1:25 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

>>> I see that he is a real person and he was on the MapServer-German list
>>> long ago.
>>>
>>> But I honestly don't understand how these TravisCI deploy scripts depend
>>> on an LDAP mapserver user?  I am sorry, I did not write these scripts.
>>>
>>> You can see that a build that I triggered this morning has failed when
>>> trying to connect to mapserver.org (see very bottom of
>>> https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/85737537/log.txt).
>>>
>>> I see that we have a script to disable ssh host checking:
>>> https://github.com/mapserver/docs/blob/branch-7-0/scripts/travis_add_deploy_key.sh
>>>

>>> The command that I believe TravisCI is getting stuck, as it tries to
>>> copy to mapserver.org, is: scp $builddir/latex/en/MapServer.pdf
>>> mapserver at mapserver.org:/osgeo/mapserver.org/pdf/
>>>
>>> I am trying to understand all this, I mean trying to understand where
>>> the problem is.
>>>
>>> -jeff
>>>

>> Maybe all we need is a home directory for the "mapserver" user on the
>> Projects VM???  Just guessing, sorry. hmmm.....
>>
>> -jeff
>>

> Maybe there is important files in the old home directory for the
> "mapserver" user on the Projects VM? Such as in ~/.ssh  ??
>
> Too many maybes :)
>
> -jeff

Jeff,

The only thing that changed, is that there is no longer a local user
called mapserver. We've moved to only using users that are in LDAP so
that they can exist on multiple machines if needed.

So Martin is working to resolve the ownernship of the LDAP account that
would match the old local username. Once you have control of that the
old keys should work again.

-Alex