[SAC] Requesting access to LDAP

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Apr 6 05:44:13 PDT 2016

I'm setting up an experimental installation of gogs [1]
(the Go Git Service) on a local machine and would
like to try having it use the OSGeo LDAP directory
for user authentication, for evaluating it as a possible
offering to the users of the italian OSGeo chapter [2]

My current problem is that ldap.osgeo.org doesn't accept
incoming ldaps connections from outside the osgeo.org subnet.
I've tried setting up an ssh tunnel but then TLS requires client
to access the server using the name associated with the SSL
certificate and I'm not sure gogs itself is honouring /etc/hosts
(which was my easy way to do it).

So, could LDAP be set to also accept requests from an IP
I would provide, or alternatively could I be given access to the
LDAP server logs so to check if it is receiving the requests
for further debugging ?

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://gogs.io
[2] http://gfoss.it