[SAC] Experimental go git service open for tests on osgeo machine

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Apr 8 23:37:10 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 07:56:02PM -0400, Tom Kralidis wrote:

> Anyone have any idea/feedback on the scope/scale?  Are we
> looking for a full fledged web/SCM env, or something as an
> alternative to keep lighter weight repositories, etc.?

I think for a start it would be useful to have something that
allows us to keep system configurations in private repositories,
like this: https://git.osgeo.org/_gogs_/sac/gogs-config

I did start keeping more configs under local gits on the trac/svn
machine but didn't push it yet to the SCM.

We could also use Gogs to more easily manage operational tickets,
creating  issue-only repositories for operational purposes, like:
https://git.osgeo.org/_gogs_/sac/gogs-service

That said, Gogs is in alpha stage and its development is very
active. I still don't have a sense of how many features are
missing that are really important for OSGeo projects and would
like to know. The https://git.osgeo.org/_gogs_/sac/gogs-service
repo might serve that purpose (see Issues).