[SAC] email to register bot accounts on online services ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Apr 19 03:55:13 PDT 2016

I'm registering an "osgeo-bot" user on gitlab.com to give it
push access for automating mirrors of code repositories
(see https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1654)

For now I gave it my own email address, but it would make
more sense to have some service-specific mailboxes to use
for these things. What would you think about a git at osgeo.org
email, for example ?

The mail could go to the local mailbox for "git" user
on git.osgeo.org host, so that anyone with shell access
and sudo could use the ~git/.forward file to add her email
or something along those lines.

Is there any other service using this local approach ?