[SAC] email to register bot accounts on online services ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Apr 20 08:03:01 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 07:44:00AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 04/20/2016 03:01 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 09:43:57PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> >> An actual local account or just an alias? Perhaps even an email list
> >> with multiple admins?
> >>
> >> Guess I'm unclear on everything it needs to handle.
> >
> > I'm also unclear at the moment, thus the request for a local account.
> > An alias could also do, for a start, but I like the idea of anyone
> > being able to "impersonate" a given account (sudo users?) being
> > also able to read the email for that given account. Think mail
> > to the "git at git.osgeo.org" user, which may represent the git services
> > as per https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Git_Service
>
> I'm worried about no one remembering to check it...

I'm worried about setting a redirection now and then having
difficulty about changing it later. The whole point is giving
"redirectability" of the address the same permissions as the
service itself.

I'm not skilled enough with MTAs to know what's possible to do or
not for reducing the risk you're envisioning. How about a default
delivery to /dev/null UNLESS a ~user/.forward file exists ?