[SAC] so code signing

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:23:05 PDT 2016

Has their been any progress on the code signing certificate stuff for QGIS?
I am going through GeoServer 2.9-beta2 release process - and the mac
platform is getting increasingly restricted.

(Not that I disagree, the restriction warns users if they are running code
that has not been signed - I kind of like the idea of user's being asked if
they trust OSGeo when installing GeoServer).

I guess whatever has been worked out for QGIS we would like a piece of for
GeoServer. It may also be worth reaching out to other applications
(especially desktop applications) once we have a procedure in place.
--
Jody Garnett