[SAC] OSGeo Id creation disabled

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 28 08:04:33 PDT 2016

On 04/28/2016 07:19 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 04/28/2016 01:41 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 02:42:52PM -0700, Alex M wrote:
>>
>>> As a follow-up, we are now looking for someone who wants to improve our
>>> creation system with Captcha, and/or email confirmation. If you think
>>> you can build (or modify the existing) such a system to work with our
>>> LDAP please contact the osgeo System Administration Committee (SAC).
>>
>> Should this part be sent on osgeo-discuss ?
>
> Maybe, all the people who run sites using this should be on the SAC
> list. We could add a link to the maintenance page on how to contact SAC.
>
>> Anyway, what about doing something simple like asking to enter
>> a number derived from some request headers ? Like the first
>> 5 characters of the md5 of the remote ip ...
>>

> Yes anything for now that is hard for a bot (since it might get
> re-written). With a more robust solution later.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

https://www.ldap-account-manager.org/lamcms/lamPro/features#selfService

Of course the open source variant doesn't have the User Self service
module...

That's the only pre-built solution I've found so far with user
self-registration, email verification and user self service password reset.

Keep looking.