[SAC] SSL Certificate Followup

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Apr 29 10:31:16 PDT 2016

Ok, I've got the new cert and have tested it on
https://live.osgeo.org/en/index.html

The only concern that came up, is the new certificate is a Domain
Validation cert, as opposed to an Organizational Validation (OV) cert.

The difference, from what I can see is that if you view the certificate
information, the organization line is not filled in.

Comodo has offered us a renewal package, for 5 years at ~$1200 (we just
paid ~$250/yr). So really about the same price per year to continue with
the OV cert.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? I suppose this is also the
difference if we move to letsencrypt.