[SAC] replacing IRC with gitter

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:17:01 PDT 2016

Last week the board decided to try some new technologies that members have
used on other projects.

- To replace email voting --> Loomio (Anita has already set up
https://www.loomio.org/g/kdSmIwxu/osgeo-board )
- To replace IRC ---> gitter (like slack but more integrated with github)

To that end I would like ask how we should set up gitter on the SAC mailing
list before opening up a ticket or doing the work myself.

OSGeo does have a hit repo here (https://github.com/osgeo).

I know for the geoserver project (as a repo admin) we were able to set up a
private channel for use in code-sprints (
https://gitter.im/orgs/geoserver/rooms). It looks like we may be able to
allow people to sign in with github or twitter.

Could I ask to be added as and admin to https://github.com/OSGeo for
experimentation?

--
Jody Garnett