[SAC] [Hosting] ns2.osuosl.org (140.211.166.131) Server Migration - 2016-12-08 1-2pm PST (2100-2200UTC)

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Mon Dec 5 08:37:56 PST 2016

​​All,

We're going to be rebuilding ns2.osuosl.org and installing a new OS on
Thursday, December 8th. There should only be a short outage when we move
the IP over to ns1 temporarily and back to ns2. We'll be monitoring the
services after the migration to ensure everything is working properly. This
is to ensure all of the DNS servers are on the same version of OS.

The last DNS server (ns3.osuosl.org) won't be migrated until sometime in
January. We're waiting for TDS to setup a new machine for us which will
replace the old ns3 machine.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson