[SAC] Fwd: Doing spamming in your website

Christian Willmes mail at cwillmes.de
Fri Jul 8 01:30:00 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have taken care of this, it was a wiki spammer.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:Log/delete

Sadly its quite common recently.
We get on average about 15 account requests a day, of which  are >90%
fake/spam requests.
Though, I am sure these requests come to a large proportion from real
humans, and its often not easy to decide if it an actual person
interested in OSGeo or a spammer. Because of this, we have about one
spammer a week that gets through.

I can then easily ban the user from the wike, and delete or revert all
his/her edits...

Christian