[SAC] Fwd: OSGeo Wiki account request

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Jul 8 01:41:03 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 08:02:05AM +0000, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> Do the people, who want to contribute to OSGeo Wiki really send their
> BIO to info at osgeo . org ?
>
> just asking (got number of those lately)

We occasionally ask for that to make sure they are not just spammers.
This kind of filter was proved to be effective in a few cases already.

It's very interesting to gather that information, btw.
It could even serve to build the new user page on the wiki,
as I've seen Christian doing recently:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&from=20160708083035

Even better, once the wiki moves to use the same credentials these new
users come asking a mantra for, as requested in this ticket:
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/165

We need more sysadmin volunteers, who's up to take some steps further ?