[SAC] Running an osgeo docker registry

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Jul 25 03:14:02 PDT 2016

As more and more services are distributed as docker images and most
modern continuous integration services rely on docker images to do
their work, I think it would be useful to have an OSGeo docker
registry where OSGeo projects can push their images, using the OSGeo
Userid as authentication.

I've setup a private registry on my own host and started using it
for fetching build-test images for PostGIS, GEOS and Librttopo,
but my test setup doesn't use the OSGeo LDAP for authentication.

The space taken by my 4 docker images is currently 2.6G.
I guess it may grow easily, but space shouldn't be a big issue
these days, right ?

As we've been discussing about getting more disk space for
the "download" machine, can we take in account a possible
increase in disk space due to serving docker images too ?

Or should we just surrender to the centralization of docker hub ?