[SAC] LDAP group search

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Mar 16 09:00:22 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 08:52:49AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 03/16/2016 08:48 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 08:44:33AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> >> The wiki specifically states:
> >>  https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/auth/ldap_web_search.py
> >> with the caveat that you have to be in the admin group to use it.
> >>
> >> What information are you trying to retrieve from LDAP?
> >
> > I wanted a list of groups, as stated in the first email.
> > The web interface only allows looking up for _people_
> > by specifying a (partial) name.
>
> You want to write a new script for the web that does this? I can give
> you a copy of some of the existing scripts and install a new one to the
> server (or another top admin).

First I'd need to know how to do it.
Second I could write a script for the shell.
Third, someone might want to expose it to the web.

Personally I prefer using the shell for now.

Speaking of which, the wiki mentioned a Web Interface
for LDAP but the link was a 404, I stroked out the mention
but maybe it's something that would already support everything
that's needed to manage an LDAP directory ?

 https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:LDAP#OpenLDAP

Seek "phpldamadmin".