[SAC] Osgeo Code signing certificates

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Mar 24 14:33:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> On Wed, 23. Mar 2016 at 08:59:29 +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > So Question: who should (and can) buy and put these certs in a safe, and
> > make it possible for Larry to get one and create an installer?
>
> See also https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2015-October/013445.html
> and https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2015-October/013363.html.
>
> Not sure if Larry meanwhile joined SAC and if there was any progress
> on this already...

Apologizes, as my work took me far away from this for quite some time. I
have not joined SAC and I believe no action has taken place to procure any
certificates. I will have time starting in April to work on setting up
scripts for signing QGIS installers (at least for Mac).

There is money authorized, for at least two certs for 3 years. How OSGeo
projects can share them (if possible) is a technical/policy question that
needs answered.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography