[SAC] SSL Certificate Followup

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sun May 1 14:32:35 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 08:37:37PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Not sure if this is a + or - , Uber uses the cheaper DV for it's
> website. No one has an opinion on this?

I do, but unfortunately the timing didn't match ....

I always use at least OV for the stuff I'm serious about, but several
customers go for DV simply because it's cheap and they don't care.
Your bank will certainly not rely on DV only, they almost always
will/should use EV instead.

Thus, if OSGeo can affort it, then I'd definitely vote for OV at
minimum.  I have to admit it wasn't clear to me from the SSL.com page
that they were offering DV only for the given price.

And I'm willing to pursue the next certificate change.

Cheers,