[SAC] [OSGeo] #1659: https://geos.osgeo.org shows GRASS homepage

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sun May 8 13:55:28 PDT 2016

On Sun, May 08, 2016 at 10:33:51PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> At time trac is rather unresponsive!

Today we are having another kind of attack (frequent requests for
big files).  I added fail2ban rules to reduce that problem.

> So, posted here since I cann edit the ticket:
>
> I tried to change the embedded images on that GEOS page to https for
> full SSL certificate support but got "wiped out":
>
> "Submission rejected as potential spam
>     BlogSpam says content is spam (Too many links, found 14 max is 10
> [50-lotsaurls.js])
>     Maximum number of external links per post exceeded"

Interesting, and how many links did you change ?
With current configuration you got 1 karma point for being
authenticated, -5 for the too-many-links BlogSpam (14/10)
and -7 for maximum number of external links per post,
totalling -11.

The default karma point for authenticated was 20, but no spam
was ever cought. How did you change the GRASS one ?

> GEOS trac admins, please...

We'll have to find a balance. Rember that last week authenticated
users were simply not given the possibility to edit pages.

The monitor shows me you were blocked twice, with the score -11
but does not give me a way to look at the changes (could have been
interesting).

I don't know if reporting your changes as "ham" would be a good
training or a bad one as I don't know if the bayes filter would
be fed with the whole content or just the diff. Surely WikiStart
isn't a good example of a normal page, with all those links... :(