[SAC] Re-enable LDAP user creation

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon May 9 07:38:19 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 07:34:14AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I was thinking of something that might be rather impossible for humans
> sitting in the same room over a shared ip or same computer.
> Like more than 2-3 in 30 seconds (should take people that long to fill
> out the form and click the box)

2-3 in 30 seconds never happened during the spam storm, as far as I
can tell, so it would block nothing.

> My chart of actual user creation matches your analysis of the logs.

Great.

> Go ahead and re-enable the registration, and we'll just have to keep an
> eye on it, and possibly adjust the rules.

It's enabled now, we got 5 new registered users, 2 of which have
the _same_ email (something else to disallow?).

See:

 ldapsearch -x "(&(createTimestamp>=20160509000000Z))"

> How long does the ban last?

The ban is 1 hour.