[SAC] http://svn.osgeo.org/ or http://trac.osgeo.org/ do not respond

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon May 9 13:16:48 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 10:04:48PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On May 9, 2016 10:02 PM, "Sandro Santilli" <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 09:35:06PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > at time trac is almost unusable :(
> > >
> > > I can neither update tickets nor get into the admin panel.... (GRASS
> > > GIS trac). Timeout..
> > >
> > > Any idea?
> >
> > You're probably banned by osgeo-http-dos.
>
> Grrrr :)

It looks like more than 30 requests are easy to do in 2 minutes.
Especially when using SVN (now that I checked)

I've reduced the check so it takes 30+ requests in 1 minute now,
and only check trac (jail name changed accordingly).

Don't reload too much !

> > Which IP do you come from ?
>
> Sorry, no idea. I left the office in favor of dinner... It is a Telekom
> Germany connection AFAIK.

The ban lasts 15 minutes. While banned you'll get the timeout as you
mentioned.