[SAC] http://svn.osgeo.org/ or http://trac.osgeo.org/ do not respond

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue May 10 09:17:24 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 03:48:54PM +0200, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le lundi 09 mai 2016 00:17:32, Even Rouault a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm seeing http://svn.osgeo.org/ or http://trac.osgeo.org/ not responding,
> > at least not reliably enough to be able to file a SAC ticket ;-) Confirmed
> > from someone from the US, so not an issue at my end.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/  has started again being unresponsive since
> approximately 10 minutes.

The http://trac.osgeo.org page redirects to https://trac.osgeo.org
which serves a static page.

> Sandro seemed to suggest this might be due to to the fail2ban script running
> (not sure if I understood well) ? Anyway making it run while preserving some
> disponibility of Trac ?

My hypotesis was that your IP got cought by fail2ban, which would result
in a 10 minutes ban (if found failing more than an authentication) or in
a 15 minutes ban (if found to be making more than 30 requests in one
minute). If this is the case, the TCP packets would be dropped so you
would never get a response within the ban timeframe.

I could dig more if you gave me the IP you are coming from.