[SAC] more spammer accounts

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed May 11 10:39:44 PDT 2016

Moggeeen !

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 07:20:49PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> (it would be great to enable a second person to quickly remove
> spammers,

Every primary admin can do.

> PLEASE drop these spammers from our system!

Done.

BTW, there are still 20175 user accounts on OSGeo LDAP and I'd guess
that approx. 95 % are dummy/spam accounts.  By removing accouns ins
small chunks of 5 to 20 I doubt that we'll be able to silence this
spamming within a reasonable time frame.

Instead I'd recommend to announce setting random passwords onto *all*
OSGeo LDAP accounts - except those whose owners explicitly ask for an
exception.  And those who don't within 9 months will get removed
entirely.

Just an idea, feel free to object - but, those who do, please suggest a
viable alternative, don't just let others suffer from your principles.

Cheers,