[SAC] more spammer accounts

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed May 11 11:46:45 PDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 11:40:52AM -0700, Alex M wrote:
> On 05/11/2016 10:56 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> > Were those email addresses ever confirmed at registration time ?
>
> They were never confirmed, but once we create an email confirmation
> flow, yes we could ask all existing users to confirm their accounts. I
> do not want to bulk reset everyone before that mechanism exists
> (hesitant to do so anyways).

+1 -- so we need the email confirmation. What's the plan ?
Shall we set a bounty ?

> Was the user registration re-enabled?

Not to my knowledge, no. You can check it here:

  https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py

The recent spam storm came from these guys (with creation timestamp):

  gmail10: 20160430221817Z
  gmail11: 20160430221921Z
  gmail9: 20160430221726Z