[SAC] 1st Meeting in a long time - May 2016

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu May 12 22:35:27 PDT 2016

On 05/12/2016 10:22 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 06:41:14PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> It's looking like Fridays at 16:00 UTC seems to be a good time for many.
>> It's a terrible time for AUS/NZ though.
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160520T1600
>>
>> I'm realizing we won't be ready to meet tomorrow, so I'm proposing to
>> meet on May 20.
>
> Why not ready today ?
> It's the in par with May 20 in terms of partecipation.
> You wanted to start periodic meetings anyway so we could
> meet on the 20th in addition to today ?
>
>> Please chime in on the Doodle if you haven't already.
>> http://doodle.com/poll/u54ap2m36p3qva9u
>
> --strk;

I'm not actually available today... something came up with work.

I'd also like this weekend to straighten out the agenda, and get all our
recent notes about budgets etc. up on the wiki.

In anticipation of the upcoming meeting, I see 2 major topics.

1. Handling the wiki Spam
2. Creating a system for soliciting and approving paid work on systems.

For #2 I would appreciate if people can brainstorm, and write down
options before the meeting. Just make a spot on the agenda page a put
down what you think is a viable method.

For instance should we be looking for an Emergency response retainer
(suggested by Jeff M. in the past), or rather to have things like
implementation of new features.
What should be the cap on amounts for these contracts?
How do we solicit bids?
If a SAC member submits, do we just have all other members vote?
How much of the total SAC budget should be for these kinds of contracts
vs other uses?

Hmm, maybe a list of questions to answer is the place to start.