[SAC] Funds for Mac developer account

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue May 17 19:34:37 PDT 2016

Hi Michael,

Please reference this thread:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2016-April/006530.html

I would like to purchase an Apple Developer account for the purpose of
procuring code-signing certificates for Mac application bundles and package
installers on behalf of the OSGeo. Note, the funds have already been
allocated by the board (see Jody Garnett). The certificates will be
distributed to official Mac packagers for OSGeo incubated projects,
starting with QGIS, GRASS and GeoServer.

It is essentially $99/year:
https://developer.apple.com/support/compare-memberships/

Membership level: Organizations
Requirements: D-U-N-S Number, Legal Entity Status, Legal Binding Authority
https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/

Not sure if I qualify for the Legal Binding Authority bit, but am willing
to bite that bullet to get this rolling. As far as purchasing the
membership, either I can do it an get reimbursed or I'll need another
method of payment.

Please advise on next steps. Thanks.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer