[SAC] bayes spam filter was not working, now fixed

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon May 23 03:07:36 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 09:36:08AM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> Sandro Santilli wrote:
>
> > I found out that all the bayes training was having no effect
>
> Are you referring to spam filtering in OSGeo Trac Wiki ?

I'm referring to spam filtering in OSGeo Trac (not just wiki
but also tickets). Sorry for not having mentioned it before.

Basically when some dependencies are missing for a plugin to work,
a simple DEBUG message is sent to logs (if enabled) but in this
case the failure did not prevent including bayes-related settings
in the web admin interface, so it wasn't at all clear that
something was not working :/

Now you can tell if it's working or not by looking at the top of
the {Spam Filtering/Bayes} page. For example:

 https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/admin/spamfilter/bayes

Currently mentions: "The training database currently contains 0 spam
and 11 ham submissions". It takes a minimum of 25 submissions to start
scoring content (per current global configuration, unchanged from the
default).