[SAC] Trac global config pushed to Gogs private repo

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon May 23 07:21:55 PDT 2016

Hi Sandro,

Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 10:49:32AM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
>> Works after logging in, but why am I supposed to log in just for
>> read-only access alias browsing a repo ?
>
> Each repository can be configured to be either public or private.
> In this case, it is a private repository. We can decide if we
> want to make it public. Personally I'm creating configuration
> repositories as private by default.

Were observing different approaches of securing sensitive information,
it seems to me.  Personally I'd rather not put sensitive config
information into a world-wide remote-accessible repository at all -
particularly not using a frontend whose auth mechanism doesn't feature
a well-known good reputation.

Therefore I'd suggest: If it requires protection, don't put it online
anywhere, if it doesn't require protection, make the repo public.

Opinions ?