[SAC] [MOTION] Grant me 50 hours of sysadmin work

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon May 23 11:04:09 PDT 2016

On 23 May 2016 at 15:55, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> During the meeting of this Friday it was proposed to grant a contract
> for a fixed amount of hours to be spent on sysadmin work.
>
> Looking at the numbers (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Budget) there
> should be enough money for buying 100 hours at 100 EUR / hr.
>
> This motion is for approving spending half of those 100 hours on
> buying my own time. With such a contract I could continue with
> doing what I'm already doing but ensuring continuity for one month.
>
> For a record of what I've been doing so far I think the archives
> of this mailing list contain all the details, but it's roughly about
> trac improvements, spam fighting, SAC procedures documentation
> updates, git services and general tickets backlog activity.

+1

Regarding the "git services":
I haven't seen the meeting minutes, yet, so apologies if I'm not being
up to date.
I'm unclear what is the general OSGeo strategy about the git services
- last I remember, we have been evaluating GitLab, Gogs, etc.
If that would be the case, I don't think there is point in spending paid hours
on GitLab, Gogs, etc. if we find out those are not going to serve us
in long term.

I don't want to play the the terrible role of the party killer, but so
far we have heard
literally **nothing** from the Community about the GitLab/Gogs/... proposals.