[SAC] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Mantra for osgeo id?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue May 24 07:37:33 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 08:28:59AM -0500, Howard Butler wrote:
> Can we change the directions for this so people do not go to -discuss? It is a waste of people's attention to be sending this stuff there, and it will cause people to leave the list.

I was hoping for the mantra to become a way to get new users
known at registration time, maybe we could add a recomandation
to include such presentation in the email ? Would it be better ?

Or would there be another more appropriate "welcome" list for
new users ?

Most people showing up end up having very specific needs for an
account, that is, for a specific project, should we help them
figuring out the appropriate mailing list for the specific
project ?