[SAC] sysadmin activity report and planning

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue May 31 09:32:17 PDT 2016

While the sysadmin contract gets formalized, I've started logging
time spent in activity and I'd like to ask Martin Spott to confirm
and/or refine a working plan.

For today all I've done was adding logging in the user-editing
form (https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/auth/ldap_edit_user.py),
dealing with new-users registration and filing new tickets for
more LDAP work. In particular a user asking for mantra was found
to have 3 different accounts all created due to lack of password
reset capabilities, so I filed a ticket about setting up a policy
for users merging [1]

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1695

So my plan (to be confirmed/reviewd) is as follows:

 1. Fix Trac error on submission, as it's blocking legit users:
    https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1694

 2. Refuse to create two accounts with the same email:
    https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1683

 3. Add email confirmation flow to user creation form:
    https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1665

 3. Expose a password reset tool for the web

Martin, please let me know if it sounds good.

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html