[SAC] trac.osgeo.org with load average of 24

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat Nov 5 10:49:41 PDT 2016

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 06:15:01PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for several days (longer?), the load average on trac is very high -
> leading to slow response rates when using the server.
>
> Any ideas how to optimize apache?

I'm no expert, but whenever I tried to debug slowness I found it
useless that top(1) only shows "apache" w/out a way to tell which
service is actually keeping apache busy.

I suspect it's trac, being a big apache module, but I've no proof
of that.

One thing I know is that I enabled trac logging when I started looking
at trac, so it could be tried to disable it, see /etc/trac/* (it's
under git).